So many people want to feel empowered but have no idea how to even take the first step. There are many things is life we cannot control and are powerless to control. Let go of those things. Focus on what you can take charge of, and you begin to empower yourself. Here are our top 10 ways to becoming more empowered:
Top 10 Ways to Become More Empowered
- The first way to become more important is to learn to say “No”. Other people can say no, and so can you. You can only give so much of yourself before you give away too much of yourself. An empowered person knows when to say no, and does not feel guilty about it. They know their limits and when they have reached them.
- The second way to become more empowered is to stop procrastinating. Stop making excuses not accomplish what you truly want to do and what needs to be done. You will feel more empowered when you start, and even more so when you finish. Never put off working towards your goals.
- A great way to become more empowered is to focus on yourself. There is nothing selfish about taking some of your time as personal time. Use this time to get to know yourself and to find out for yourself what it is that you really want and what will make you happy. You cannot get on the right path until you know where you really want to end up. This is also a great way to silence everyone else’s voice and listen to your inner voice. Speaking of which….
- The fourth way to empowering yourself is to listen to your inner voice. What does it say to you? Is it a negative voice that always puts you down? Does it make excuses instead of motivating you? Is it a voice filled with fear and doubt? Your inner voice must be positive, inspiring, and empowering or it will be doing you more harm than good. Begin to change the way you talk to yourself and be more encouraging than discouraging. If you change your inner voice it changes your outlook completely.
- You can become more empowered by trying to solve your problems yourself. You will never know what you can accomplish until you try. Don’t be afraid to try. If you don’t succeed you can always ask for help after you tried it yourself. But try it yourself first. This will also help to make you feel more independent, rather than dependant. Don’t ask everyone else’s opinion or ask their advice. Make up your own mind and think about yourself and for yourself. Don’t second guess yourself. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks or feels about your choices and decisions. Do you really think anyone you know cares more about your opinion than their own? No. So why would you? Since they have the right to live their life the way they want, so do you. Take your power back and use it when making your choices and decisions
- “Have More Fear of Regret Than Failure.” Remind yourself that the feeling of regret is so much worse than trying something (even if it doesn’t work out) and living with no regrets. Realize fear is an illusion that holds you back. By doing so, you will set yourself free to live to your fullest potential.
- “I Only Have Good Days.” Remember, the only thing in the world we have control over is our perspective. You can choose to adopt a consistently positive perspective and find the good in everything. Or you can be negative, and attract more negative things into your life. The mantra “I only have good days” reminds you to see the positive for a better outcome.
- “Opportunities Lie Within Every Obstacle.” It can be tough to dig deep and find the positive, especially when confronted by challenges. But if you choose the positive, you will find the opportunity and nuggets of wisdom in every obstacle that presents itself in your life.
- Another great way to become more empowered is to build up your confidence. Stop focusing on your shortcomings unless of course you want to change them. If you want to change them, begin today. Focus on your strengths, and what you are proud of, rather than ashamed of. You have no problem seeing the good in everyone, so start with yourself from now on. Every day look in the mirror and tell yourself at least 5 things you like about yourself. The more empowered you become, the longer your list may be!
- Realizing the past cannot be changed is a great way to become more empowered. If you are stuck in the past and the regrets you have, you are wasting today and tomorrow. You can’t do anything about the past, but you have full control of the present and future. Look at the past as a learning experience. If you can take any nuggets of wisdom and use them going forward there should be no regrets. Everyone has done something stupid, something that makes them cringe, something they wish they didn’t and something they regret. Join the club and let it go.
Becoming more empowered is a process, and it may be uncomfortable at first. It will get easier, and your confidence with grow, along with your self-esteem. Stop resisting change, especially when it is for your own good!